Storyboard: Spiderman NWH

 

The Art of Storyboarding: 

Spiderman No Way Home


So! Today I was assigned to watch a movie clip, assess it, then create a storyboard based on what I just saw. Let me preface this by saying I in no way claim to be an artist; my art is terrible and it may seem all over the place, but hopefully, it'll make sense after some explanations. Anyways, let's just get right into it. I chose to watch a clip for Spiderman No Way Home and this is how it turned out. 



Before I get into the foundations of storyboarding and how crucial they are to the filming process, let me just say that this was difficult! I have a newfound respect for people who do this - and are able to make it legible. This took a lot longer than expected and even then it isn't the best work ever. It's extremely hard to convey moving pictures into words, especially when you want to mention which transition to use and when. This is a very tedious process, but it definitely helps the filming crew get a vague idea of what to do. I learned a lot about storyboarding, such as the fact that you're supposed to write all of your intentions if you aren't able to draw them. This includes transitions, camera angles, timing, etc. This is a pivotal role in the pre-production process because it shows how well shots flow together and point out potential issues and problems that may not show up when originally discussing the idea. It's a great way to organize everything and should be utilized as much as possible. 


For reference, the video is below! 

Comments

Popular Posts